Sunday, February 16, 2014

Hello Again

Friday, February 14, 2014


Sooooo today I have been doing more class registration stuff. It requires so much time and energy here to register for classes. I feel sorry for the students who have to do this each year. You have to get approval from each dean of the department before you can take a class. Since everyone is doing it at the same time, it takes all day.

On another note, the funniest thing happened to me the other day. I went to the the store with some girls from the res and they were helping me get some washing powder and things of that nature. When i asked which bleach was better to get, the stares i received made me realize it was one of those"crazy American" questions lol. I tried to explain that we use it for like white clothes and underclothing and stuff. They busted out laughing because I said I had white underclothes. "Girl why do you have white underwear? We need to get you some colored undies". I couldn't help but laugh after that myself. So I then learned something knew--- Lesson three: you wash your underclothes in the wash basin (sink) in your room and hang it to dry. I immediately remembered my mom and grandma's stories of hanging clothes to dry and hoping it wouldn't rain in the "good ole days" and how they would tell my sister and I how good we have it now. Yep I guess we really do, not that I ever take anything I have for granted or anything. So I tried the whole washing and drying thing and it took entirely too long. I mean at home i hang most of my clothes to dry instead of drying it in the dryer to preserve color and texture but that's only certain things. It took about a day and a half for things to dry. So i know now to dry only on weekends and to set aside a good time to dedicate to washing and drying. I can't let my clothes pile up or they will be drying for days. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment